$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Women’s Track and Field: Squad has six regional finishes to open outdoor season

The women’s track and field team started the spring season off on the right foot in its opening meet, the Coastal Carolina Invitational, during the weekend. The Bombers broke one school record and registered six qualifying times for the Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference Championships.

Senior Jessica Hoeffner came out strong on Friday, shattering the Ithaca College record in the hammer throw by almost two meters with a heave of 47.54 meters.

Junior Tammia Hubbard clocked a finish of 15.71 seconds in the 100-meter hurdles, placing 33rd overall and reaching the ECAC standard in the preliminary event.

Senior Heidi Baumbach and junior Carly Graham both qualified for the ECAC Championships in the 3,000-meter steeplechase. Baumbach finished in fourth place with a time of 11:48.84, while Graham placed 11th with a 11:47.57 finish.

Other notable finishes from Friday’s competition included senior Molly Quinn and the Bombers’ 4×800-meter relay team. Quinn crossed the finish line with an ECAC qualifying time of 18:37.90 in the 5,000-meter run. The 4×800 team consisting of senior Kristin Miga, senior Molly Brown, junior Annmarie Charno and junior Rachel Spirito finished in 10th place, qualifying for the ECAC Championships with a time of 10:07.30.

The Bombers continued to excel into day two of the competition yesterday.

Senior Jessica Hoeffner had a 37.91-meter toss in the discus, which met the ECAC-qualifying standard and allowed her to place 22nd overall in the event.

Senior Ashley Dlubac threw for 37.59 meters, finishing 10th overall in the competition and qualifying her for the ECAC meet.

Freshman Harmony Graves placed 61st in the 200-meter dash with an ECAC- qualifying time of 26.50 seconds.

The South Hill squad’s 1,600-meter relay team qualified for ECAC Championship competition, hitting a time of 4:03.90.

The Blue and Gold will compete again at 10 a.m. on March 31 when they host the Ithaca Invitational in Butterfield Stadium.

$1495
$2000