$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Wrestling wins second duel meet of season against SUNY Oswego

PHOTO ILLUSTRATION BY FERNANDO FERRAZ

The Ithaca College wrestling team captured a 31–9 victory over the SUNY Oswego Lakers on Dec.10, improving its record to 2–0 in dual-meets this season.

The Bombers, who are ranked third in the country, won seven of the 10 total matches to stay perfect in dual meets heading into the new calendar year.

In the 125–pound weight class, sophomore Ferdinand Mase defeated SUNY Oswego’s freshman Jack Del Duca by way of a fall. Sophomore Jake O’Brien also acquired his victory over Lakers freshman Ryan Kamer in the 285-pound division by a fall.

Senior captain Jimmy Kaishian won 9–0 in the 133-pound weight class and junior Chris Wymer won 9–1 in the 141-pound weight class.

Freshman Sam Schneider recorded a technical fall for the Bombers, defeating Oswego’s junior Jon Crast in the 157-pound bout 20–4.

In the 149-pound bout, sophomore Demetri D`Orsaneo defeated Lakers freshman Joey Bush 6–5, and senior Carlos Toribio shutout his opponent, defeating Oswego sophomore Daniel Smith 5–0.

All three of the Bomber’s losses came in a row, and happened by way of a decision.

Oswego State’s sophomore Troy Seymour recorded a quick takedown in the first period of the 165–pound match, and eventually went on to defeat freshman Al Ciccitto 2–0.

In the very next match, Lakers sophomore Trevor Hoffmier took the win in the 174–pound match, as he beat junior Nick Vogel.

In the 184-pound bout, Oswego freshman Jordan Bushey, who is ranked sixth nationally in his weight class, was able to complete the trifecta for the Lakers, defeating sophomore Jake Ashcraft 8–4.

The Bombers will return from winter break to kick off the new year Jan. 5–6 in Fort Wayne, Indiana, where they will be competing in the NWCA Multi Divisional National Duals.

$1495
$2000