$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Baseball team picks up four wins in California

Continuing its week in California, the Ithaca College baseball team has won four consecutive games to improve its record to 6­–4.

The Bombers lost to the Pomona College and Pitzer College, who together form the Sagehens baseball team, by a score of 10–4 March 13. Pomona-Pitzer jumped out to an early lead against the Bombers, going up 5–0 by the second inning. The Bombers responded by scoring one run in the fourth inning, but gave up a two-run homer to give Pomona a 7–1 lead. Despite their best efforts, the Bombers didn’t muster up enough momentum to make a rally and cut the deficit.

The Bombers were limited to only four hits in the game, but sophomore catcher Jason Uliano and freshman outfielder Sam Little earned runs batted in off of sacrifice flies. Junior third baseman Trevor Thompson drew two walks on the day, but didn’t record a hit.

Junior second baseman Josh Savacool went 1–5 and scored one run, while sophomore outfielder Domenic Boresta and freshmen shortstop/pitcher Webb Little and pitcher/designated hitter Andrew Bailey also recorded hits.

Coming off a solid start in which he went seven innings while only giving up one run, senior pitcher Benji Parkes struggled throughout the day and gave up a whopping 13 hits and eight runs in six innings of work.

Eight of Pomona-Pitzer’s starters recorded a hit, while six of them recorded at least two or more. Five hitters drove in at least one run as well.

The Bombers rebounded nicely against Claremont Mckenna College, Harvey Mudd College and Scripps College, who together form the Stags baseball team, on March 14, however, as they eked out a solid one-run victory. The team did all of its damage in the third inning, and relied on solid pitching the rest of the way.

Thompson got things started with an RBI single up the middle in the third and an RBI double from Bailey scored another run. A passed ball scored Thompson before Sam Little drew a walk to score Bailey.

The Blue and Gold finished the day with seven total hits, three of which came from senior first baseman Zach Cole. Cole also stole his first base of the season and scored a run. Savacool also recorded a hit on the day, while they he and the rest of the team combined to draw six walks.

Pitching was the story of the day for the Bombers though, as sophomore pitcher Tyler Hill threw a complete game in which he allowed six hits and only one earned run. With the win, Hill’s record stands and 2–1 on the season, while his ERA is at a scorching 1.80.

Their second of two games against Claremont-Mudd-Scripps on March 15 was a second consecutive victory for the Bombers, putting them at an even .500 record. Bailey picked up his first win of the season, going 2.1 innings with two hits, one strikeout and no runs.

With the Blue and Gold down 5–4 going into the ninth, the Bombers were able to put up a five run rally to win 9–5. Bailey went three for five with two RBI’s and a run. Junior catcher Ryan Henchey worked three walks while going one for three with two runs. Claremont-Mudd-Scripps totaled five errors throughout the game.

In their first game of a doubleheader against the Whittier College Poets on March 16, the Bombers cruised to a 13–1 victory. Whittier scored its one and only run in the first off a double from sophomore designated hitter Matthew Macey.

Senior pitcher Brandon Diorio picked up his first win of the season after pitching eight innings and allowing three strikeouts and only giving up one earned run. Alongside defense, the Bombers’ offensive end was able to come in clutch. Senior left fielder John Stanley went three for three with a double and one run.

Webb and Sam Little both hit home runs. Webb Little hit a solo shot, which was his only hit of the game. Sam Little went 2 for 4 with five rbi’s and two runs. Thompson also had a home run for the Bombers.

In their second game against Whittier, the Bombers came out on top 10–6 in 12 innings of play.

The Bombers still have two more games left this week in California. They will be playing Chapman University at 5 p.m. March 17 and the University of Redlands at 3 p.m. March 18.

$1495
$2000