$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

Men’s tennis team fell short to Hobart College

In its first match after spring break, the Ithaca College men’s tennis team fell to Hobart College on March 24 with a score of 6–3.

The match began with the Bombers losing all three of their doubles matches with scores of 8–3, 9–7 and 8–4.

Senior Chris Hayes won his singles match against the Statesmen’s freshman Jonathan Atwater with scores of 7–5 and 6–3 to remain undefeated in singles this season.

Junior Brandon Buksbaum won his singles match with scores of 6–4, 3–6 and 10–8, to pull off a win for the Blue and Gold. Buksbaum lost his second set, but was able to come back in the third set to secure the win.

Sophomore Lorenzo Viguie-Ramos had the final win of the day for the Bombers with scores of 6–3 and 6–1.

Freshman Mike Gardiner fought hard in his singles match but ultimately lost to the Statesmen’s freshman Jonah Salita with scores of 2–6, 6–2 and 6–1.

The Bombers were unable to pull out a win from their doubles matches. Hayes said it is nice to still be undefeated, and doubles matches are very important for the team to win.

“We fought really hard and never gave up,” Hayes said. “I think the biggest thing for us is working on doubles. It’s tough to win matches if we can’t win the doubles matches. So there’s a lot of room to improve there.”

The South Hill squad plays next at 1 p.m. April 3 in Rochester, New York, against St. John Fisher College.

$1520
$2000