$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

Softball clinches top seed in Empire 8 Championship

The Ithaca College softball team split a doubleheader April 24 against St. John Fisher College. With its first loss in the Empire 8 Conference, the Bombers still clinched the top seed in the Empire 8.

The Blue and Gold dropped the first of the two in a close match up losing only 1–0. The Cardinals’ lone run of the game came in the sixth inning when senior left fielder Jennifer Knaak singled out into left field, allowing freshman designated hitter Ashley Prince to score.

The loss gave the Bombers’ senior pitcher Laura Quicker her third loss of the season. She gave up two hits and one run with seven strikeouts.

Senior first baseman Casey Gavin led the Bombers offense. Her one hit in three at-bats was the Bombers’ only hit of the game.

The Blue and Gold’s offense played a whole new game in the second half of the two-parter as their bats came alive, bringing home seven runs. The South Hill squad would score one run in the first as freshman third baseman Vanessa Brown knocked in a home run. They would score two more times in the second as sophomore left fielder Allie Colleran knocked one out of the park that would also bring home freshman shortstop Hannah Anderson. Senior catcher Kelly Robichaud knocked in the third home run in the fourth inning. To close out the game the Bombers would drive in three more runs. Freshman right fielder Ellie Murray doubled to center field, allowing fellow freshman Nikkey Skuraton to score. Colleran would then homer again bringing home junior Jessie Fleck.

Senior Allison Macari would be on the mound for the win pitching all seven innings with four strikeouts and a 0 ERA.

Brown and Colleran both lead the offense for the second game. Brown had four at bats, one run, one RBI and three hits. Colleran had four at bats, two runs, two hits and four RBI’s.

The Bombers play again April 27 as they take on Union College in an out of conference doubleheader at Kostrinsky Field.

$1520
$2000