$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

ITHACA TODAY: Wednesday Sept. 18

Top news of the day
The stories you should check out

1. The Center for the Study of Culture, Race and Ethnicity held its first discussion of the semester at 7 p.m. yesterday in Emerson Suites. Paula M. L. Moya, associate professor at Stanford University, led the talk, “Eight Conversations about Race and Ethnicity.” The discussion focused on the way in which people talk about issues of race. Check Latest Headlines today for the full story.

2. A team of four students from the Roy H. Park School of Communications has received third place in the Marketing EDGE Collegiate ECHO Marketing Challenge. The competition, which took place during the Fall 2012 and Spring 2013 semesters, included more than 150 undergraduate and graduate entries. The students were awarded $500 to split among the group, and the Department of Strategic Communications received an additional $1,000.

3. A campaign fundraiser for Martha Robertson, the democratic candidate for the 23rd Congressional District of New York, is causing controversy. Peter Yarrow, a convicted sex offender and former member of the 1960s folk group, Peter, Paul and Mary, is set to perform at Robertson’s fundraiser concert on Sept. 29. Yarrow was convicted of molesting a 14-year-old female fan in the 1970s and served three months in prison before being pardoned by President Jimmy Carter.

What’s happening today
The events you won’t want to miss

1. The African-Latino Society, Created Equal and the Student Activities Board are jointly holding a poetry slam at 7 p.m. in IC Square. All students are welcome to attend and share their poems.

2. The Ithaca College Field Hockey team will be taking on SUNY-Oneonta at 4 p.m. at Higgins Stadium. Go out and cheer on the team.

3. The School of Humanities and Sciences is sponsoring an information session for students interested in attending law school, at 6:30 p.m. in Textor 101. The meeting will help students decide on the school they hope to attend, and answer any questions they have.

Talk Back
Tell us what you think

How do you prefer to get you coverage of Bombers Sports from The Ithacan? Do you follow live tweets from @IthacanSports, or do you prefer our post-game coverage? Tweet your thoughts to @IthacanOnline, or leave your answers in the comments.

$1495
$2000