$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

Ithaca College men’s soccer falls short against RIT

Freshman+midfielder+Kevin+Turi+battles+with+Rochester+Institute+of+Technology+freshman+midfielder+Dante+DeSisti+for+possession+of+the+ball+Oct.+25+on+Carp+Wood+Field.+
CONNOR LANGE/THE ITHACAN
Freshman midfielder Kevin Turi battles with Rochester Institute of Technology freshman midfielder Dante DeSisti for possession of the ball Oct. 25 on Carp Wood Field.

The Ithaca College men’s soccer team lost its final home game of the regular season Oct. 25 2–1 to the Rochester Institute of Technology Tigers. With the loss, the Bombers fall to 6–8–1 on the season. With the win, the Tigers improve to 5–8–3 on the season.

The Tigers opened the scoring in the 11th minute, when sophomore forward Anthony DeFeo put one past Bombers goalie Dan Hinckley to make it 1–0. The Tigers doubled their lead when senior Scott Fishel scored off a free kick in the 24th minute.

The Bombers got one the scoreboard in the 35th minute when senior midfielder and forward Sam Boylan put one in the back of the net off a rebound, assisted by sophomore midfielder Nathan Schoen. This was the only goal of the day for the Bombers.

The Bombers outshot the Tigers 14–13 in the match. There were three yellows in the match, the first one was handed out to Fishel, next one to Bombers freshman Christian Shkreli and the final yellow was handed out to the entire RIT bench in the 82nd minute.

The Bombers will play their last game of the regular season at 2 p.m. Oct. 29 when they travel to Rochester, New York to take on St. John Fisher College.

$1520
$2000