$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Swimming and diving competes in Ithaca Invitational

MAXINE HANSFORD/THE ITHACAN
Freshman Maura Beuttel finished second in the 100-yard backstroke with a time of 1:05.10 at the Ithaca Invitational in the Athletic and Events Center Feb. 11. The Bombers compete next in the UNYSCSA Championships Feb. 15-18 in the Athletics and Events Center.

The Ithaca College men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams hosted the Ithaca Invitational on Feb. 11 in the aquatics pavilion at the Athletics and Events Center. The South Hill squad competed alongside SUNY Geneseo, SUNY New Paltz and Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.

Freshman swimmer Nick Bonnabeau defeated competitors from SUNY Geneseo and RPI to finish first with a time of 1:52.72 in the men’s 200-yard breaststroke. Freshman swimmer Josie Berman beat fellow teammates sophomores Giovanna Fimmano and Miria Teneza in the women’s 100-yard butterfly with a stellar time of 1:01.49.

Senior diver Nickie Griesemer had another standout day on both the 1-meter and 3-meter platforms. She finished first with an NCAA qualifying score on the 1-meter platform and has continued to dominate week after week with her terrific execution of challenging dives.
The South Hill squad will next compete back in the pool at the four-day 2017 UNYSCSA Championships. The four-day meet will be held at the Athletics and Events Center, running from Wednesday, Feb. 15 to Saturday, Feb 18. Starting time has yet to be announced.

$1495
$2000