$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

‘Paranormal Activity’: Third Paranormal installment creates timely fear

The newly released part of the “Paranormal Activity” series is just in time to give horror fans an eerie Halloween treat.

The third installment arrives with more thrills and chills than ever as Toby, the invisible demon featured in the past films, returns to haunt Kristi Featherstone (Jessica Tyler Brown) and her family in this prequel to the first two movies.

Henry Joost and Ariel Schulman, directors from the 2010 film “Catfish,” use innovative camera tricks and faster pacing to keep the old storyline fresh. Shots created to look like they were filmed using the makeshift tripod Dennis (Christopher Nicholas Smith) builds using a fan heighten the suspense by introducing a “now you see it, now you don’t” element that is new to the series.

Set in 1988, “Paranormal Activity 3” reveals how Toby first cozies up to his adoptive family through a secret connection that is not completely understood. This insight into the familiar demon provides even more intrigue for “Paranormal Activity” fans and answers lingering questions about his presence that are created by the earlier films.

Released almost a year to the day of the last installment, “Paranormal Activity 3” is a spooky film that may leave its viewers sleeping with the lights on.

“Paranormal Activity 3” was directed by Henry Joost and Ariel Schulman and written by Christopher Landon and Oren Peli.

$1520
$2000