$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Track and field competes in NYSCTC Championships

PHOTO ILLUSTRATION BY ASH WILLIAMS

The Ithaca College women’s track and field team placed first at the NYSCTC Championships at St. Lawrence University Feb. 24–25, claiming its 16th title. The Bombers’ finished with 218.5 points to beat the University of Rochester, the second place team, by 86.5 points. Honors awarded to the team included the Track Most Outstanding Performer, which went to junior Taryn Cordani, and Rookie Of The Year, which went to freshman Alexandria Rheaume.

Cordani won the mile by almost four seconds, finishing with a time of 5:06.91. Rheaume won the 200 meter dash with a time of 25.80 seconds and came in second in the 400 with a time of 58.88.

Other second place finishes came from junior Amber Edwards in the 60 meter hurdles, with a time of 9.27 seconds, freshman Sarah Rudge, who completed the 1,000 in 3:02.94 and junior Sierra Grazia, who finished behind Cordani in the mile with a time of 5:10.87. Senior Brandy Smith was runner-up in the shot put, throwing 12.49 meters.

On the men’s side, the Bombers secured a second place finish with 146 points, 50.5 points behind first place Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. Sophomore Derek Howes finished first in the 500 meter dash with a time of 1:06.51. Senior Sean Phillips ran a 4:16.84 in the mile, which was good for second.

Third places finishes came from juniors Tim Chappell and Gerardo Munoz. Chappell in the 3,000 with a time of 8:49.57 and Munoz in the 500 with a time of 1:07.23.
The Bombers return to the track for the ECAC Championships at 1 p.m. and 10 a.m. on March 3–4 at the Athletics and Events Center.

$1495
$2000