$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

Women’s track and field finishes second overall at nationals

PHOTO ILLUSTRATION BY ASH WILLIAMS

The Ithaca College women’s track and field team finished runner-up in the NCAA Division III Championship, taking place May 25–27 in Geneva, Ohio.

The Bombers entered the final day of the tournament in first place, with only two events left.

On May 27, junior Amber Edwards finished eighth in the 100-meter hurdles with a time of 14.45 seconds. This was the second time Edwards raced the 100-meter hurdles after a protest call during her race on May 26. She hit the seventh hurdle during the race which was later determined that it was because of another racer.

Also on May 27, in the 5,000-meter race, junior Taryn Cordani placed third with a time of 16:46.68.

During the opening day of action on May 25, Cordani and senior Brandy Smith won national titles in the 10,000-meter run and discus.

Cordani took the top spot in the 10,000-meter run. This was her third national title in 2016–17 season.

Smith took first place for the third time in the discus with a mark of 48.91 meters.

Senior Katherine Pitman was the runner-up in the pole vault with a jump of 4.10 meters.

On May 26, Smith finished fourth in the shot put with a mark of 14.05 meters, making her All-American status in the event.

$1520
$2000