$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

Review: Singles of the Week 8/29

Courtesy of Domino Recording
Singles for the week 8/29.

“There’d Better be a Mirrorball”

Arctic Monkeys

Release date: 8/30

Record label: Domino Recording

With the lead single released from Arctic Monkeys’ upcoming album “The Car,” set to be released Oct. 21, the band comes out of the gates strongly. Alluring lyrics about a doomed relationship, along with beautiful instrumentation inspired by jazz, create a vivid, old-school listening experience.

“New Gold”

Gorillaz feat. Tame Impala and Bootie Brown

Release date: 8/31

Record label: Parlophone Records Limited

While the repetitive sound of the song becomes a bit old by the end, the catchy beat of “New Gold,” along with impressive vocals by Tame Impala and Bootie Brown, make for an enjoyable, vibe-inducing trip.

“I’m In Love With You”

The 1975

Release date: 9/1

Record label: Dirty Hit

“I’m in Love With You” continues The 1975’s knack for crafting a catchy meditation on love. Despite being well-produced, the song sounds almost exactly the same as the band’s other songs, offering no new or original lyrics for listeners to latch on to.

“Million Dollar Baby”

Ava Max

Release Date: 9/1

Record label: Atlantic Records Group

Pop artist Ava Max creates another fun, although mostly forgettable, song destined to be played on radios for the next five years with “Million Dollar Baby.” Thankfully, the lyrics are catchy as Max discusses overcoming hurdles in life and embracing one’s power.

$1520
$2000