$1620
$2000

$1620
$2000

College Briefs Jan. 25

Kaeleigh Banda
Emma Lenhard ’27 attended the ‘Paint & Sip’ event hosted by the Office of New Student and Transition Programs Jan. 19

Spring student organization fair to be held on Feb. 6

The Spring 2024 student organization fair will be held from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Feb. 6 in Emerson Suites. The event is open to all students at Ithaca College. Student organizations at the organization fair will be promoting events, recruiting new members and showcasing work. Student organizations interested in tabling at the event can complete the Spring 2024 Student Organization Fair Sign-Up Form. Space at the event is limited. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations should contact Dan Rodgers, associate director of student engagement, at [email protected] or 607-274-3222.

ICTV Spring 2024 recruitment night on Jan. 30 

Ithaca College Television’s Spring 2024 recruitment night will be held from 7:00 p.m. to 8:45 p.m. in Emerson Suites. Recruitment night is open to any students at Ithaca College and no television experience is required to join ICTV. There will be more than 20 shows produced or in development in Spring 24 at ICTV. Show genres include sports, news, entertainment, comedy, drama, horror and game shows. Recruitment night will include opportunities to talk to producers and sign up for shows, a presentation from ICTV staff and details about each station’s shows. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations should contact ICTV Station Manager Tristan Hall at [email protected] or 607-274-3142. Requests for accommodations should be made as soon as possible.

Ithaca College Food Pantry spring semester hours and volunteer sign-up announced

Starting Jan. 29, the Ithaca College Food Pantry will be open for regular hours on Tuesday and Thursdays from 12:15 p.m. to 2 p.m. and Wednesdays and Fridays from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Shoppers can shop as often as they like but are limited to only one grocery bag per visit. It is recommended to bring a bag when shopping at the food pantry because the food pantry’s reusable bag supply is limited. The food pantry is looking for volunteers to assist in checking shoppers into the pantry. Any interested volunteers can sign up here. Shoppers who aren’t available during the times that we are open can reach out directly to Karen Walls, executive assistant to the vice president of student affairs and campus life, at [email protected] to work out a time to come shop. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations should contact Walls at [email protected] or 607-274-3374. Requests for accommodations can be made as soon as possible.

CIEE Douglass-O’Connell global internship program deadline Feb. 1

CIEE study abroad, an Ithaca College-affiliated study abroad program, will be reviewing applications for the Douglass-O’Connell Global Internship program for Summer 2024. 10 students will be chosen to participate in a summer internship in Dublin where they will draw inspiration from social leaders Fredrick Douglass and Daniel O’Connell. The program runs from June 14 to Aug. 10. The scholarship covers the cost of housing, airfare, field trips and an academic course taught by CIEE. Interns must pay for their own meals and any free time activities. Every eligible student who applies and is not selected will qualify for a $1,500 scholarship that can be used toward a CIEE Summer Global Internship program in 2024 or 2025. To be eligible, a student must be a current first-year student, sophomore or junior, have a minimum GPA of 3.0, be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and submit an application no later than Feb. 1. There will be an application workshop Jan. 31. 

Clothing Drive for the Center for Career Exploration and Development career closet 

The Center for Career Exploration and Development is seeking gently worn professional attire in preparation for the career closet fashion show, an event part of the weeklong series of panels  and events during Career Opportunities Week (COW). COW will occur during the last week of February. All professional attire is appreciated, but there is a need for men’s khakis, men’s polos, women’s bottoms, women’s cardigans and men’s and women’s shoes. The career closet assists students who need to borrow business and business-casual attire for no cost. Donations should be dropped off at the Career Center main office in Muller 101 during the business hours of Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Any questions can be answered by Brielle Long, career engagement specialist at the Center for Career Exploration and Development ([email protected]) or Ashley Troutman, internship and student employment specialist at the Center for Career Exploration and Development ([email protected]) directly.