$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

From player to mentor: Issac Hadac’s journey in football training and social media

Courtesy of Rich Barnes
Former Ithaca College linebacker Isaac Hadac has built a training brand through his growing social media presence. Hadac founded The 5 Star Football Package, an instructional training package that he promotes to his over 250,000 followers on TikTok.

Former Ithaca College linebacker Isaac Hadac finds himself still involved in the football world even after his playing days. These days, he finds himself training football players, striving to make them the best they can become.

Hadac is the founder of the 5 Star Football Package. The package offered on his website includes positional specific workouts, training tips and nutrition plans all tailored by Hadac. Hadac describes his packages as being developed from everything he learned from his experience as a player competing in Division III, Division ll and Division l programs. Hadac transferred from Ithaca College after his junior season in 2022 to Division l University at Albany and made his final collegiate stop at Division ll Assumption University. 

“It all really started from my own training back when I was playing at Ithaca,” Hadac said. “I was just trying to find the best ways that I could become the best player possible and in that process, I learned a lot that I’m now able to apply to other people. I’m just focused on others rather than my own football career.”

Hadac started this journey during the early days of the COVID-19 pandemic. Ithaca College did not play football during the 2020 season, so Hadac spent his time training to refine his skills. During this time, he realized that with all the training he was doing, he should record it and post it on social media.

“For the last two or three years of my college career, I had been posting this stuff myself, basically just showcasing what I was doing to become the best football player I could be,” Hadac said. “Then it took a turn after, I was really like, ‘I don’t know how much football I’m going to be playing anymore, I got to find something new.’ Because you know, I’m not playing, I can’t put this stuff to practice anymore.”

This is when Hadac started reaching out to high school players. He offered to train them for free and said it began to snowball from there. Now, he finds himself training individuals at multiple levels of the game. One of those players is Derek Slywka 23, a former defensive back for the Ithaca College football team.

Slywka is training to earn a shot at a college pro day to showcase his skills to NFL scouts. During his training, Hadac contacted him and offered to help him as he works toward a pro day opportunity.

“It’s been really helpful for me to have someone else helping me do it because you can do so much on your own,” Slywka said. “When you get another set of eyes and other stuff, another mind to kind of come up with some stuff, different plyometric drills and all the research he did with that, I think it’s just really helpful as I kind of continue the process with that.”

While the 5 Star Football Package is what Hadac mainly pushes on his social media, where he has amassed over 150,000 followers on Instagram and 250,000 on TikTok, he has also gone into the supplement business. His company, Muscle Dummies, is a business he helped start with his brother and fellow Bombers’ football alum Johnny Hadac 20, who runs a weight loss business called Total Weight Loss on his own social media platforms.

“We decided that if we’re going to take supplements, we might as well own that company and own the ingredients in everything that we’re putting into the company,” Isaac Hadac said. “So having our own supplement company that’s centralized that we control all the manufacturing, we control all the ingredients being put in there, making sure that it’s the best supplements on the market [and] that we can control what we’re putting into our bodies — not taking a third party group and just kind of guessing what’s actually in there.”

Johnny knows how difficult it is for his brother Isaac to develop all the knowledge he has to put together his football packages. Johnny credited it to his brother’s love of studying film.

“When [Isaac] was at Ithaca, that’s all the kid was doing,” Johnny Hadac said. “When he was in class, he was studying film. He was studying film when he was having lunch. That’s what he enjoys doing. He enjoys learning new techniques.”

While Isaac Hadac has been playing football for many years, he credits a class he took at the college with Brad Treat, an assistant professor in the School of Business, that helped spark the entrepreneurial mindset that has helped him on this journey.

“I had social media going a little bit then, but I wasn’t really making anything from it. It was just kind of how it was,” Hadac said. “It was a cool, practical class in the sense that your workload was pushing your business forward, getting your business started, or finding a new idea. I thank God for him because, you know, he was able to put me on the right track.”

Hadac said he does not plan on becoming a coach soon, as he enjoys doing what he is doing right now. Hadac said that if the perfect opportunity presented itself, he would consider it, but for now, he would do that when he settles down.

His brother sees a longterm goal of combining his weight loss business alongside his brother’s 5 Star Football Package.

“I think at some point, being able to kind of find a home city to build a kind of training center that allows it to bring people in, train them for football and allow me to bring in patients to work with their health,” Johnny Hadac said. “And just being centralized and being together. Isaac and I have always been very, very close to one another growing up. So it’s very important that we are close to each other when we’re all done, when I’m done with medical school, and he’s done rambling around so at some point or another will probably settle down and kind of build out a facility and we’ll kind of just take it from there.”

As his goals for 2024, Isaac Hadac plans on enjoying the journey and seeing what happens as the years unfold. 

“It’s kind of hard to really lay that out there because I don’t know where life’s gonna take me,” Hadac said. “My social media could blow up; they could do nothing. So, my goal that I have every day is to help as many kids as I possibly can and that’s all it’s about to me. And in turn, the more kids I help, the more kids I help become better football players, you know, the more social media grows, the more opportunities come up.”