$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

ITHACA TODAY: Monday, Oct 14

Top news of the day
The stories you should check out

1. Ithaca was one of more than 400 cities holding rallies Saturday in solidarity with the March Against Monsanto. The protest against the largest producer of genetically modified organisms was held outside Wegmans on Route 13. For more on the international protest, read our article here, and check out NewsWatch 16’s coverage from last night’s broadcast:

2. The Cornell Cooperative Extension is celebrating its 100th anniversary today. The organization is holding a series of workshops and a harvest festival for the community. The workshops will be held from 10:30 a.m. to noon at 4-H acres and will focus on topics including leadership, the environment and marketing. The harvest festival will be held at 12:30 p.m. at the Neighborhood Pride Grocery.

3. The M-lot will be closed to staff and students from 5 a.m. until noon to provide parking for prospective students attending major open house events. The campus parking lot will be reserved for visiting students. The M-lot is adjacent to the Athletics and Events Center. The parking lot will also be closed on Nov 11.

What’s happening today
The events you won’t want to miss

1. Daniel Hosang, professor of ethnic studies at Oregon University, will give a guest lecture as part of the Discussion Series sponsored by the Center for the Study of Culture, Race and Ethnicity. His discussion, “Repoliticizing Racial Justice in the Age of Obama,” will be held at 8 p.m. in Emerson Suites.

2. The Detroit Chamber Winds and Strings will perform at 8:15 p.m. in Ford Hall.

3. The women’s soccer team will take on the Houghton College Highlanders at 4 p.m. on Carp Wood Field.

This Weekend in Social Media
What Ithaca was buzzing about over the weekend

This weekend was Alumni Weekend. Check out all the tweets and photos from students and the visiting alumni at the hashtag #ICAW.

$1520
$2000