$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

ITHACA TODAY: Wednesday, Oct. 30

Top news of the day
The stories you should check out

1. Richard Breitman, professor of history at American University, will give a lecture on the Holocaust at 7:30 p.m. in Emerson Suites. The lecture, “FDR and the Jews: Before the War and the Holocaust,” will focus on President Roosevelt’s efforts to get Jews out of Germany and Austria before World War II broke out in 1939. Breitman’s visit comes as a part of the Jewish studies minor’s annual Holocaust lecture.

2. West Buffalo Street will be reduced to one lane today around houses in the 700 range because of construction. The Department of Public Works Water and Sewer will be working on the water main. There will be construction around that area from 7 p.m. today to 5 a.m. tomorrow.

3. Kevin Sutherland, executive assistant to the Tompkins County Administrator, will begin serving as the mayor’s new Chief of Staff in December. The mayor’s office announced on Oct.15 that Sutherland accepted the position. In his new position, Sutherland will manage city administration and coordination between departments. Read our profile of Sutherland and his plans for his new job.

What’s happening today
The events you won’t want to miss

1. She’s the First and Food for Thought will co-host a cupcake eating contest 7 p.m. in IC Square. Proceeds from the contest will help sponsor education for girls in developing countries.

2. The Asian American Alliance will give a presentation on sex trafficking in South Korea at 7 p.m. in Klingenstein Lounge.

3. The women’s soccer team will take on Saint John Fisher College at 3 p.m. on Carp Wood Field.

Now you know
Special Projects Manager Elma Gonzalez answers your campus questions.

It’s a common myth at the college that the campus is clothing optional. In this week’s column, Elma investigates this rumor to see if students are really free to bare it all on campus. Check out this week’s issue of The Ithacan to see what she found out.

Do you have something you want Elma to investigate? Tweet us your questions @Ithacanonline using the hashtag #AskElma

$1495
$2000