$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

ITHACA TODAY: Thursday, Nov. 7

What’s happening today
The events you won’t want to miss

1. The Student Activities Board is holding a free screening of the film “Elysium” at 8 p.m. in Textor 102. The film is set in the future where the wealthy live on a man-made space station, and the rest of the population lives on a decimated Earth.

2. IC Intercambios presents “A Night at the Nines,” beginning 10 p.m. at the Nines in Collegetown. The set features Sam Lloyd and the Cavalcade of Sin, The Danbees, Haley Cavanna and Laura Klepinger.

3. Prism is holding a panel discussion, called “You Betta Work! LGBT Experiences in the Workplace,” featuring Ithaca College faculty and Ithaca community members who will talk about LGBT experiences throughout different careers.

Top news of the day
The stories you should check out

1. Students gathered last night in the TC Lounge to speak out against the administration’s recent decision to replace the lounge with offices. The decision to close the lounge comes as an effort to house the new Physical Therapy Center, which will move to Ithaca College from Rochester, N.Y. in Summer 2014. Check out our full coverage of the story here.

2. She’s the First IC has announced the results of its cupcake eating contest, which took place last week in IC Square. The event raised more than $1,100 in cupcake sales and entry fees. Using the money raised, the club will be able to support the education of one girl in Kenya and one girl in Nepal.

In Today’s Paper
Don’t have time to pick up this week’s issue of The Ithacan? Read the highlights here.

Opinion: After Drew Olkowski, Class of 2017 senator, presented a bill asking for a 50 percent reduction in library fees, the library agreed to eliminate late fees. This week’s editorial discusses how the bill is a refreshing reminder of how students and the college can collaborate for campus change.

Sports: Since 2009, members of the women’s cross-country team have bonded over getting an “ICXC” tattoo on their bottom lips. This season, three more runners joined in the tradition and got the tattoo. Read about their experiences here.

Accent: Mainstage Theater opens its run of the musical “Into the Woods” tonight in the Hoerner Theater in Dillingham Center. The show follows the characters from several of the Brothers Grimm’s most famous fairy tales. While the show is sold out, you can read our feature on it here.

$1520
$2000