$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Fourth ‘Spy Kids’ packs weak punch

Jessica Alba comes a long way from her past roles as a beach hottie as the cardigan-wearing mother to the newest installment of  “Spy Kids.”

Marissa Wilson (Alba) gives up her life as a spy to be the caretaker of her newborn daughter and bickering stepchildren. But the evil Time Keeper, Danger D’Amo (Jeremy Piven), threatens to stop the clock for good, and the fate of the world falls in her family’s hands. The family quickly learns it can’t beat the bad guys alone and must move past its petty differences to work as a team and save the day.

While the film may not be one for the ages, “Spy Kids: All the Time in the World in 4D” is a heartwarming family flick that brings home the importance of making time for loved ones before it’s too late.

Cheesy puns and unrealistic plot twists stop the film from having any real cinematic merit.  In one action scene, Marissa fights Time Keeper’s men wearing a leather catsuit with her toddler strapped across her stomach. The film redeems itself by dealing with issues like living with a parent’s second marriage. The sentimental ending is likely to cause a tear as the group comes together and accepts their family dynamic.

“Spy Kids: All the Time in the World 4D” may not be a movie-lovers dream,  but it does serve as quick reminder to wake up and live in the moment.

“Spy Kids 4” was written and directed by Robert Rodriguez.

1 out of 4 stars

$1375
$2000