$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Remake shines with 3-D magic

More than 20 years after the original film’s premiere, “Beauty and the Beast 3-D” features enticing elements for a new, younger audience and pleasantly entertains its original viewers.
The 3-D work has been added to about one-third of the film’s total run time and only to parts that benefit from the animation  — scenes that include elements like rain, leaves or birds flying across and out of the screen.
The 3-D conversion enhances moments of energy and drama in the film. The musical number “Be Our Guest,” an already jaw-dropping spectacle, uses the 3-D effects to fully immerse the viewer in the scene. The animation enhancements improve the film for a repeat viewer and help bring the magic back to life.
Despite the 3-D update being viewed as a gimmicky way to bring audiences into theatres, it does not distract from the classic beauty of the film. While original fans of the movie may enjoy seeing the film on the big screen, it may not be worth the increased 3-D ticket price.
Its new 3-D elements aside, “Beauty and the Beast” maintains its status as a timeless cinematic classic — a tale as old as time for every audience.

“Beauty and the Beast 3-D” was directed by Gary Trousdale and Kirk Wise and written by Linda Woolverton and Roger Allers.

$1375
$2000