$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Review: Rihanna shows off her attitude in ‘Unapologetic’

Rihanna’s new album, “Unapologetic,” is full of catchy hits and a more carefree demeanor than her previous album, “Talk That Talk,” with fist pumping and dance themes.

Within the songs “Pour It Up,” “Jump” and “Diamond,” the lyrics make it clear Rihanna has found love, is content with her life and couldn’t care less about who disapproves of it. There’s no doubt that “Unapologetic” will have listeners falling in love, and, of course, no apologies will be necessary.

The album opens with “Phresh Out the Runway,” a track that begins with a rough and edgy hip-hop vibe. Though the backtrack sounds similar to Nicki Minaj’s “HOV Lane,” Rihanna still manages to incorporate heavier dance beats to make for a lively sound.

Some of her other songs include lyrics that describe her love life in detail. On the track “Nobody’s Business,” featuring Chris Brown, she hints to the public that her relationship with Brown “ain’t nobody’s business.” She sings, “Always be my boy/ I’ll always be your girl/ Nobody’s business/ Ain’t nobody’s business.” Responding to Rihanna’s love-stricken harmonies, Brown is introduced on the track by singing to her about infectious love that “is perfection.”

The combination of sounds on “Unapologetic” makes the album versatile, pleasing listeners of both pop and R&B music. Her lyrics are proud, raunchy and unremorseful, sending the message that Rihanna is definitely unapologetic.

Overall rating: 3 stars

$1375
$2000