•  

November 17, 2017   |   Ithaca, NY

Life & Culture

Streets Alive! Ithaca celebrates ninth festival on Sept. 25

Streets Alive! Ithaca closed off streets for the day, encouraging sustainable transportation.  FERNANDO FERRAZ/ THE ITHACAN Five-year-old Zoey Wang learns to roller-skate at Streets Alive! Ithaca. FERNANDO FERRAZ/ THE ITHACAN Children and volunteers at the event weave strings together to produce art on Clinton Street. The event featured a bike repair area, a photobooth and a secluded area for locals to perform tai chi. FERNANDO FERRAZ/ THE ITHACAN Shachar, almost 2 years old, attempts to hula hoop with help from her mother during Streets Alive! Ithaca from 1 to 5 p.m. The event had opportunities for children to chalk, dance and run freely. FERNANDO FERRAZ/ THE ITHACAN Erva and Betsy, Ithaca locals, sell homemade Quaker oatmeal cookies for $2 on the southside of Ithaca as bikers weave in and out of traffic cones. Local restaurants reserved spots at the festival. FERNANDO FERRAZ/ THE ITHACAN
<
>
Children and volunteers at the event weave strings together to produce art on Clinton Street. The event featured a bike repair area, a photobooth and a secluded area for locals to perform tai chi. FERNANDO FERRAZ/ THE ITHACAN

On Sept. 25, Streets Alive! Ithaca celebrated between South Plain and West Clinton Street. The event puts emphasis on natural forms of transportation.

More information can be found here.