$1260
$2000

$1260
$2000

College recommending finalists for VP of finance by end of April

Ash Bailot/The Ithacan
The Ithaca College Presidential Search Committee has announced that it has picked an executive search firm to use in the search for the 10th president of the college.

The search committee for a new vice president for finance and administration at Ithaca College will meet with semifinalists for the position and recommend finalists to meet with President Shirley M. Collado and members of the campus community by the end of April. 

In an April 19 announcement, Odalys Diaz Piñeiro, chief of staff in the Office of the President and chair of the search committee, stated that the committee began reviewing applications April 5. Once the finalists have been established, they will meet with members of the Senior Leadership Team, the Division of Finance and Administration, the Institutional Effectiveness and Budget Committee (IEBC), the Faculty Council, the Staff Council, the Student Governance Council Executive Committees and other college leaders.  

The search committee worked with WittKieffer, an executive search firm that has partnered with the college in the past, most recently with the dean searches for the School of Music and the Roy H. Park School of Communications.   

Bill Guerrero, former vice president for finance and administration, left his position for a position at Springfield College in Springfield, Massachusetts, on Feb. 26. Collado stated Jan. 28 that the college will launch a search for a new vice president for finance and administration. 

The search committee is composed of Susan Bassett, associate vice president and director of the Office of Intercollegiate Athletics; Michael Conover, trustee on the Ithaca College Board of Trustees; Shana Gore, executive director of Student Financial Services; Marc Israel, assistant provost of finance and administrative operations; sophomore Grace Madeya, student representative on the Institutional Effectiveness and Budget Committee; Chris McNamara, clinical associate professor and clinic director in the Department of Physical Therapy and chair of the Faculty Council; and Jim Yaggie, professor in the Department of Physical Therapy and director of the Human Anatomy Laboratory in the School of Health Sciences and Human Performance. 

“I take this opportunity to thank the dedicated members of the search committee, whose care and commitment I deeply value,” Piñeiro said in the statement.

$1260
$2000