$1275
$2000

ITHACA THIS WEEKEND: Nov. 1–3

Top news of the day
The stories you should check out

1. IC Student Volunteers for Special Olympics hosted a Halloween-themed party for community members who participated in the Special Olympics at 6 p.m. on Halloween eve. Check out our coverage of the event in Latest Headlines.

2. Janice Levy, professor in the Department of Media Arts, Sciences and Studies, won first prize in “Best of Show,” an annual collaborative exhibition between The Photo Review and the photography department at the University of the Arts. “Best of Show” features prize-winning work by 16 photographers from the United States, Italy and the United Kingdom. Levy’s photo was taken during her 2010–11 sabbatical in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

3. Stephen Tropiano, associate professor and director of the Los Angeles program, moderated a panel titled, “The Prime Time Closet: 10 Years Later.” The panel was held at the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences in North Hollywood and was based on Tropiano’s book, “The Prime Time Closet: A History of Gays and Lesbians on TV.” The panel featured actors from “Orange is the New Black,” “The Fosters” and “Scandal.”

What’s happening today
The events you won’t want to miss

1. OSEMA is sponsoring the final event of International Education Week at 6:30 p.m. Friday in Emerson Suites. The “One World Concert” features student comedians, dancers and musicians from all over the world. Admission is free.

2. There will be a Special Olympics Volunteering Orientation Session at 4 p.m. Sunday in the Demotte Room for any student who wants to get involved in the organization.

3. Guster will be performing with Second Dam at 6:30 p.m. Sunday in Emerson Suites. Tickets are still available and $15 for Ithaca College students.

In Yesterday’s Paper
Didn’t have time to pick up this week’s issue of The Ithacan? Read the highlights here.

News: According to a March 2013 report by the Colorado Health Institute, 28 percent of young adults in the U.S. are uninsured. Young adults are people between the ages of 19 and 29. The Affordable Care Act was signed into law in 2010. Read more about your insurance options here.

Sports: Ithaca College athletes represent their school’s athletics department by donning its logo. But when it comes to college athletics, the true Bomber image is disjointed among the 27 varsity sports teams, causing athletes, coaches and fans to question the identity of Bomber Nation.

Accent: The Society of Creative Anachronism is a living history group that studies and recreates Medieval European cultures. The local chapter educates people through Live Action Role-Playing, which involves reenacting life in the Middle Ages. The group participates in LARPing through fencing, axe throwing and archery, among other medieval activities.

$1275
$2000