$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

ITHACA THIS WEEKEND: Oct. 4–6

Top news of the day
The stories you should check out

1. This weekend is the 31st Annual Downtown Ithaca Apple Harvest Festival. The festival will be held from noon to 6 p.m. today, and from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. tomorrow and Sunday. Because of construction on The Commons, this year’s festival will be held on State Street, South Cayuga Street and North Aurora Street. Before you head down, read about the preparation that local farmers put into Apple Fest.

2. Earlier this week, actor-writers Malcolm Hillgartner and Jahnna Beecham held two presentations at Ithaca College. In their first presentation on Sept. 30, the husband-and-wife team discussed audiobook production and narration. The next day, the couple held an informal question and answer session to discuss the importance of having different skills as a creative professional. Read our coverage of the couple’s visit here.

3. On Sept. 28, Ithacappella performed its first concert of the year. Watch our behind-the-scenes video of the work that went into the performance:

What’s happening today
The events you won’t want to miss

1. Ithaca College Main Stage Theatre is presenting “Fires in the Mirror,” a play about Brooklyn’s Crown Heights riots of 1991. The performance begins at 8 p.m. tonight and 1 p.m. and 8 p.m. Saturday in Dillingham Center’s Clarke Theater.

2. The Downtown Ithaca Alliance will hold their monthly First Friday Gallery Night, tonight from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. on and around The Commons.

3. The Student Activities Board will hold screenings of “This is the End,” at 8 p.m. tonight, Saturday and Sunday in Textor 102.

In This Week’s Paper
Didn’t have time to pick up yesterday’s issue of The Ithacan? Read the highlights here.

News: The Office of Public Safety is seeking to bolster its community policing mission by engaging students and other members of the community in an open conversation about campus safety. Public Safety plans to meet with students, faculty and staff to get ideas about how to improve their services.

Sports: In this week’s “Stache Line,” columnist Matt Kelly discusses his opinion on where the college should spend its money. Kelly argues that instead of renovating Butterfield Stadium and other athletic renovations, the college should fund projects that benefit a greater portion of the student body.

Accent: Lee Goodhew Romm, professor of performance studies in the James J. Whalen School of Music, has discovered the profound effect yoga can have on the body and mind of a musician. Goodhew Romm became a certified yoga instructor in June and began teaching a class called Yoga for the Artist this fall at Sunrise Yoga, located at 119 S. Cayuga St.

$1495
$2000