Top news of the day
The stories you should check out
1. Last Friday, the Cornell men’s lacrosse team was placed on temporary suspension for a team hazing incident. Following investigation, head coach Ben DeLuca and the team were notified that all fall competitions would be canceled. The team resumed training and practice yesterday in accordance with sanction guidelines.
2. Career Services recently hosted its largest Career Fair in the history of Ithaca College. Ninety-three companies, non profit organizations and government agencies met with more than 500 students in Emerson Suites.
3. Flu season is upon us, and the Tompkins County Health Department is encouraging everyone to get vaccinated. The TCHD will provide flu shots for $30 on Tuesdays and Fridays at 55 Brown Road. Flu shots will be available to anyone above the age of 18.
What’s happening this weekend
The events you won’t want to miss
1. Men’s Soccer: The Bombers face off against St. John Fishers at 1 p.m. Saturday on Carp Wood Field.
2. The Sciencenter’s 30th annual scavenger hunt begins today and goes until Oct. 20.
3. The Student Activities Board is screening Monsters University at 8 p.m. Friday-Sunday in Textor 102.
In This Week’s Paper
Don’t have time to pick up today’s issue of The Ithacan? Read the highlights here.
News: Studies have shown that more students are using e-cigarettes than ever before. Read our coverage about the phenomenon.
Sports: German-born kicker, Max “Das Booot” Rottenecker has amazed his teammates with his ability to easily hit long field goals. Read our profile of “Das Booot”.
Accent: Have you ever wondered where your hops come from? Well check out our look into locally grown hops.