$1275
$2000

ITHACA TODAY: Tuesday, Sept. 10

Top news of the day
The stories you should check out

1. An Ithaca College graduate reportedly took more than $13,000 from her sorority at SUNY-Potsdam over the course of two years. As sorority treasurer, Clarissa K. Evenden ‘13, allegedly cashed multiple checks that were made out to her, as well as made several online transactions. Evenden has been charged with grand larceny in the third degree and was arraigned in Potsdam Village Court.

2. Beginning in February, the Elmira Corning Regional Airport will now be offering nonstop flights to Chicago through United Airlines. The airport will offer two flights to Chicago per day but may add additional flights if it generates enough bookings.

3. Rush night for the Student Government Association is at 6:30 p.m. today in the Klingenstein Lounge in the Campus Center. Dominick Recckio, the vice president of communications for the SGA, will host an information session for students to learn about the SGA and class councils. This is an opportunity for students to ask questions about the SGA elections and other opportunities.

What’s happening today
The events you won’t want to miss
1. The Model United Nations Team will hold its first meeting from 7-8 p.m. today in Textor 101. All are welcome to attend.
2. First year diversity speaker Maura Cullen is speaking to the Class of 2017 and all transfer students today at 7 p.m. in Emerson Suites. Check back Wednesday morning for our coverage of the event.

3. The Ithaca College Office of International Programs is hosting its first New York City Program informational meeting at 12:15 p.m. today in the Park Center for Business and Sustainable Enterprise room 111. This meeting is for communications and business students interested in spending the Spring 2014 semester in New York City. Additional meetings will be held on Sept. 12 in the School of Music, Sept. 17 in Friends 207 and Sept. 24 in BUS 111.

Talk Back
Tell us what you think

Didn’t get a chance to give your two cents? Join the discussion about Ithaca Today, your new daily guide for local and campus events. Tweet us at @IthacanOnline with the hashtag #IthacaToday.

$1275
$2000