$1260
$2000

$1260
$2000

ITHACA TODAY: Tuesday Sept. 24

Top news of the day
The stories you should check out

1. Michael Smith, associate professor of history gave a presentation on “Building Community Through ‘EduTourism’ in Nicaragua,” yesterday afternoon. Smith discussed the sabbatical he took in Nicaragua, where he studied renewable energy. Smith’s presentation was the third of this semester’s Sustainability Cafe series. Read our full story about the presentation in Latest Headlines, later today.

2. Ron Jude, associate professor of media arts, sciences and studies currently has an exhibition at the Museum of Contemporary Photography at Columbia College of Chicago. Selections from his projects, “Alpine Star,” “Emmett” and “Lick Creek Line,” make up the exhibition. All of his photos in the exhibit are of Jude’s home in Idaho.

3. Tompkins County has begun its 2014 budget review period. The budget proposed by County Administrator Joe Mareane, calls for total spending of $170.2 million with $81.6 million to be spent within the county and the rest outside. The county budget committee is scheduled to meet nine times before the end of October to finalize the budget for 2014. The tentative budget can be found on the Tompkins County website.

What’s happening today
The events you won’t want to miss

1. Wenonah Hauter, executive director of Food and Water Watch will speak at 3 p.m. at the Statler Auditorium at Cornell University, and at 7 p.m. at the First Baptist Church of Ithaca. Hauter will be discussing her book, “Foodopoly: The Battle of Food and Farming in America.”

2. Zillah Eisenstein and Sarah Eisenstein Stumbar will present on “Reproductive Justice: Celebrating and Defending ‘ROE’ at 40,” for Constitution Day at 7:30 p.m. in Emerson Suites.

3. Career Services is hosting a Grad School Workshop at 4 p.m. in Muller 101. The workshop will cover the benefits of attending graduate school and how to apply.

Talk to us
We want to know about you

Take our survey to help us figure out how much caffeine Ithaca College consumes.

$1260
$2000