$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Baseball defeats Elmira College for another Empire 8 win

The Ithaca College baseball team picked up its third win in a row against Elmira College April 20 with a score of 12–6. The Bombers are now 16–12 on the season as they look to secure a spot in the Empire 8 Championships. After scoring 10 runs in its previous game against SUNY New Paltz, the Bomber offense continued its dominance.

The Blue and Gold had three runs through four innings, but broke out in the fifth inning by scoring four runs. To start the fifth, sophomore Brennan McCormack hit a double, advancing junior Josh Savacool to third who got on base on the Bombers first at bat of the inning with a single. Freshman Sam Little put the ball in play but was out at first and earned an RBI scoring Savacool. The team then scored two more runs after a botched fielding play in the Elmira outfield, which allowed McCormack and freshman Matt Carey to score.

Junior Ryan Henchey then singled up the middle to score freshman Webb Little. The Bombers followed up the four-run fifth with three runs in the sixth inning.

Doubles from junior Trevor Thompson and Sam Little scored two more runs before a groundout from Carey plated another run by Thompson.

Two straight singles from Henchey and sophomore Domenic Boresta in the seventh inning led to another run to extend the Bomber lead to 11–6.

The action didn’t stop there, however. The Bombers added another run to secure the victory in the ninth inning with an RBI single from senior Zach Cole that scored Boresta.

The Blue and Gold finished with a whopping 19 hits. Savacool, Henchey and Boresta all managed four hits, while Henchey and Boresta totaled three RBIs. The Bombers only collected one walk as a team.

Senior starter Benji Parkes threw a very solid game, going six innings with two runs and eight hits. Junior reliever Jean Germosen came in to finish out the game, but gave up four earned runs in the process. Freshman Andrew Bailey finished out the remaining two innings without allowing a run.

Elmira starter Nick Sampogna struggled, allowing 11 hits and seven runs in 4.2 innings of work.

The Bombers return home for a three-game series against Houghton College set to start at 4 p.m. April 22.

$1495
$2000