$1260
$2000

$1260
$2000

Crew competes at prestigious Dad Vail Regatta

The Ithaca College men’s and women’s crew competed at the prestigious Dad Vail Regatta on May 13 and 14 in Philadelphia, where the men’s team picked up a fifth-place finish and the women’s team had two first-place and one second-place boat. Both teams competed against schools from all three Divisions.

The men’s team sent only their varsity 8 boat to the competition and were one of two Division III schools at the competition. The Bombers placed third in their heat with a time of 6:14.224. The time advanced them to the repechage, where they claimed a first place finish in 6:22.17 earning them a spot in the semifinal, where they placed fifth with a time of 6:03.22.

All three of the college’s women’s boats placed in the top two in their events. This was the final meet for their varsity 8 boat before the National Championships. The Bombers were just one of two schools to earn an at-large bid to the Division III Championship.

The varsity 8 placed first, 10 seconds ahead of the next closest boat. The other varsity 8 placed second in the same race, finishing in 7:21.54. A week after taking the gold at the National Rowing Invitational Championship, the lightweight 4 finished in first place, almost seven seconds ahead of second place Purdue University.

This was the last race of the season for the men’s team. The women will compete at the NCAA Championship on May 27 and 28 in Gold River, California.

$1260
$2000