$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Field hockey team falls short against SUNY Cortland

Ithaca College field hockey returned to the field against undefeated rival SUNY Cortland on Sept. 7 in Cortland, New York. The Bombers were blanked by the score of 3–0 and are now 0–2 on the season.

Despite the fact that Cortland only had 14 more shots than the Bombers after the first half, the Red Dragons only led 1–0. However, immediately following the half, Cortland junior Anna Branch scored in the 37th minute. The final goal for the Red Dragons came during the 55th minute of the game off a deflection from the post.      

Senior goalkeeper Katie Lass made 11 saves in goal for the Bombers. Senior midfielders and forwards Lauren Delia and Cassie Schuttrumpf, and sophomore midfielder and back Maddy Ryan all managed a shot on goal, while senior midfielder and forward Colleen Keegan-Twombly had two shots. Sophomore goalkeeper Kailynne Reinoehl made two saves for the lady Red Dragons.

Schuttrumpf said despite the loss, the team is keeping a positive outlook.

“Today was really our first step towards success from switching back to our old formation,” Schuttrumpf said. “Today set the bar high for us from Cortland’s intense level of play, and that’s definitely driving us to come out even stronger.” 

The Bombers return this weekend for a game at 1 p.m. Sept. 10 at Higgins Stadium to battle conference foe Utica College Pioneers. The game kicks off Empire 8 play for both squads. Utica is 0–2 on the season as well after losses to SUNY Oneonta and SUNY New Paltz.

$1375
$2000