$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Ithaca College men’s soccer gets shut out by SUNY Cortland

The Ithaca College men’s soccer team continued its slow start to the season as it faltered against SUNY Cortland on Sept. 7 2–0. The Bombers are now 0–3–0 this season.

The Bombers were unable to recover from a slow start to the game, conceding a goal in the sixth minute. The Red Dragons were able to make the most of an Ithaca error and held on to the lead for the entirety of the game. Cortland added to its lead in the 23rd minute, when a well-placed ball found an attacker for a breakaway.

The Blue and Gold entered the half trailing by two, and despite a plethora of chances in the second half, the Bombers would fail to recover. The Bombers had five corner kicks throughout the game, including four in the second half. The Red Dragons was able to tally nine corner kicks, as the Bombers struggled to keep them out of their half.

Frustrations began to rise as Bomber senior Cody Kiss received a second yellow card in the 84rd minute, resulting in a red card and an immediate removal from the game. Senior Sam Boylan also picked up a yellow card, while two Cortland players also received yellow cards.

Senior goalkeeper Zach Jacobsen got the start for the Bombers, making seven saves in his 90 minutes of play.

Sophomore Nathan Schoen took three of nine total shots from the Blue and Gold. Freshman Justinian Michaels tallied two shots. Seniors Boylan and Scott Halpern, and juniors Justin Pintak and Eric Hepler also all recorded one shot. There were only two shots on goal: one from Michaels and one from Boylan.

Ithaca’s next battle will be against the Marywood University Pacers on Sept. 10 at 3 p.m. in Scranton, Pennsylvania.

$1495
$2000