$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Ithaca College volleyball wins both matches of doubleheader

PHOTO ILLUSTRATION BY MARISSA PROULX

The Ithaca College volleyball team won both matches of its doubleheader Oct. 8 in Rochester, New York. The Bombers faced St. John Fisher College and Hartwick College.

In their first match against St. John Fisher, the Blue and Gold swept the Cardinals in all three sets. The South Hill Squad took both the first and second sets of the match 25–18. The Bombers completed the sweep with a narrow 25–21 victory in the final set.

Freshman outside hitter Taylor McCarthy led the team with 12 kills, while junior outside hitter Joelle Goldstein contributed 10 kills. Junior setter Kayla Gromen led the team with 17 assists, while freshman setter Caitlyn Floyd tallied 16. Sophomore defensive specialist Tara Stilwell had 12 digs.

In the second match, the Bombers challenged the Hawks in four sets and won the match. In the first set, the Bombers won 25–16. The Hawks took the second set 26–24 to even the match score 1–1. The South Hill Squad won the third set 25–18, and they secured a victory in the fourth set with a final score of 25–8.

Goldstein led the team with 19 kills and also contributed 10 digs. McCarthy and sophomore middle hitter Amanda Cerruti contributed double-digit kills with 11 and 10 respectively. Gromen led the team with 28 assists, and Floyd tallied 26. Stilwell led the team with 19 digs.

The Bombers will play Oct. 14–15 at the Wellesley Invitational in Wellesley, Massachusetts against Wellesley College, Endicott College and Wesleyan University.

$1495
$2000