$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Nationally ranked men’s lacrosse fly past the Cardinals

Coming off of two consecutive wins against nationally ranked opponents, the No. 11–ranked Ithaca College men’s lacrosse team won its ninth straight game April 13 against St. John Fisher College by a score of 16–5.  The Bombers are now 11–1 this season and 4–0 in the Empire 8 Conference.

The South Hill squad scored 13 unanswered goals through the first three quarters, but not before junior attackman Nick Papayanakos began the game with a goal for the Cardinals, the only lead they would have. The remainder of the first half was dominated by the Bombers, as they ended the first quarter leading 5–1 off of two unassisted goals from freshman midfielder Josh Della Puca and then one each from senior captain defenseman Eli Gobrecht, junior captain attackman John Januszkiewicz and sophomore midfielder Stephen Morrell.

The Blue and Gold shutout the Cardinals in the second quarter, but added five more goals to their total before halftime.  Junior attackman Jack Shumway netted three of the goals, Gobrecht scored his second of the game and sophomore midfielder Greg Drillock, who scored his first three goals of the season in the team’s last game against Nazareth College on April 9, put one through in second quarter.  

Sophomore attackman Jacob Cotton continued the run for the Bombers as he started the third quarter with the team’s only three goals of the quarter. St. John Fisher finally got on the board again, when senior midfielder Matthew Condon netted his team’s second goal of the game five minutes later

Papayanakos scored the Cardinals’ third goal of the game leaving them down 13–3 after 45 minutes of play.

The Bombers outscored the Cardinals 3–2 in fourth quarter, with Shumway scoring his game-leading fourth goal along with one from Morrell and one from Januskiewicz. Papayanakos scored his third goal of the game and sophomore attackman Andrew Rosso also scored in the fourth quarter.

Senior captain goalkeeper Scott Sidnam got the win, with six saves and four goals allowed in only 51 minutes and 41 seconds of play. Junior Jack Deragon played the remaining eight minutes and 19 seconds in goals because of wide scoring margin.  

The Bombers will return to actions at 1 p.m. April 16 at Higgins Stadium, when the take on Houghton College.

$1375
$2000