$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Softball team dominates Moravian College

The Ithaca College softball team won its second game in the first round of the NCAA Championship defeating Moravian College 8–0 in five innings May 14.

The Bombers got on the board quickly in the first inning, scoring four of their eight runs. Senior first baseman Casey Gavin batted third, hitting a double with two outs. Senior catcher Kelly Robichaud singled to left, scoring Gavin for the first run of the game. Next at bat was freshman designated hitter Alex Wright, who got on base with an error. With two runners on, sophomore left fielder Allie Colleran launched a three-run home run over the left field fence.

In the third, the Bombers picked up two more runs. Gavin reached on a fielder’s choice, and Robichaud and Colleran were hit by pitches to load the bases. Senior center fielder Erin McQuillan, who was at bat next for the Bombers, hit a two-run single to left.

In the final inning, the Bombers got their final two runs to end the game in a mercy rule. Wright got on first with a single and was replaced by freshman Annie Cooney to pinch run. Freshman shortstop Hannah Anderson got on base with a hit by pitch with two outs. Freshman third baseman Vanessa Brown doubled down right field, scoring Cooney and Anderson.

Senior pitcher Allison Macari pitched all five innings, giving up three hits and three strikeouts. She picked up her 14th win of the season.

Moravian sophomore pitcher Josie Novak earned her third loss of the season, pitching all 4.2 innings of play and giving up seven hits and three earned runs.

The Bombers return to action 11 a.m. May 15 against Moravian College again at Kostrinsky Field.

$1495
$2000