$1260
$2000

$1260
$2000

Swimming and diving defeats Union College in last duel meet

PHOTO ILLUSTRATION BY CONNOR LANGE

The Ithaca College men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams competed against Union College on Jan. 28. The women won 173–121, remaining undefeated with a record of 15–0. It was a close meet for the men, but they pulled off the win 151–140 to put their record at 10–3.

Both teams won their 200yard medley relay to open up the meet. The women finished with a time of 1:49.53 and the men finished at 1:38.12. Both teams also won their 200yard freestyle relay. The men finished with a time of 1:27.59 and the women at 1:39.13.

Senior Adam Zelehowsky came in first in the 200yard freestyle with a time of 1:44.93. Zelehowsky also won the 100yard butterfly and finished at 52.98. Sophomore Jake Hewitt won the  200yard butterfly with a time of 1:59.49. Sophomore Aaron Levin won the 50yard freestyle with a time of 21.87.

Senior Grace Ayer won the 100yard backstroke with a time of 59.99. Senior Samantha Reilly won the 100yard breastroke at 1:08.01. Senior Lake Duffy won both the 100yard freestyle and the 50yard freestyle with times of 53.84 and 24.48, respectively.

Juniors divers Katie Helly, Alyssa Wishart and Lindsey Suddaby came in first, second and third, respectively, on the one-meter.. They had scores of 323.55, 306.97 and 275.80. Helly also broke the school’s record with her score.

The Blue and Gold will compete next at 1 p.m. Feb. 11 in the Athletics and Events Center at the Bomber Invitational.

$1260
$2000