$1275
$2000

Swimming and diving squads both earn wins against Cortland

Senior+Jon+Yoskin+competes+in+the+3-meter+dive+during+the+swimming+and+diving+meet+against+SUNY+Cortland+on+Nov.+7.+Yoskin+came+in+fourth+in+the+event.+
Alexis Liberatore/The Ithacan
Senior Jon Yoskin competes in the 3-meter dive during the swimming and diving meet against SUNY Cortland on Nov. 7. Yoskin came in fourth in the event.

The men and women’s swimming and diving teams both earned a win against SUNY Cortland on Nov. 7 at the Athletics and Events Center. The men’s team won 170–125, while the women’s team won 185–114. This win came after the men’s team lost its first meet since the 2013 season.

Senior Justin Barwick got things started for the Bombers, winning the 1,000-yard freestyle with a time of 10:44.25. His teammate, sophomore Marshall Hendlin, finished in third with a time of 11:04.49.

In the 100-yard breaststroke, the Blue and Gold would finish first as sophomore Aidan Hartswick beat out his opponent with a time of 1:01.04. Hartswick would also place first in the 200-yard individual medley with a time of 2:05.14.

The men’s team would go on to get four more first-place finishes. Freshman Aaron Levin finished with a time of 22:00 in the 50-yard freestyle. Freshman Bradley Keith touched the wall with a time of 2:05.61 in the 200-yard backstroke. Senior James Bowe would finish with a time of 2:15.04 in the 200-yard breaststroke. Then, in the 400-yard freestyle relay, Levin, freshman Lucas Radouch and seniors Addison Hebert and Jeremy Kingsley would finish with a time of 3:15.29 — three seconds ahead of their competition.

On the diving front, freshman Scott Hillen would place first in both the 1-meter and 3-meter dives with scores of 276.50 and 283.75 points, respectively.

For the women’s team, the South Hill squad would start things off with a win in the 200-yard medley relay as freshman Jaclyn Pecze, junior Samantha Reilly, senior Megan Zart and junior Lake Duffy came in with a time of 1:53.71.

The Bombers would go on to sweep the first two spots in 1,000-yard freestyle, as junior Cat Tompkins would finish first and junior Brenna Dowd would finish second.

The Blue and Gold would then continue their success, taking the top-three spots in the 200-yard freestyle. Sophomore Nilza Costa would touch the wall first with a time of 2:00.95.

Reilly would finish first again in the 100-yard breaststroke with a time of 1:09.72. Freshman Casey Koenig finished the 200-yard butterfly with a time of 2:19.74. She would also win again in the 200-yard breaststroke with a time of 2:35.39.

Duffy would also place first individually, as she won the 50-yard free with a time of 25:24.

The Bombers would also place first in the 100-yard free, as Pecze finished with a time of 56:28.

On the diving front, sophomore Anna Belson would finish first in the 3-meter with a score of 279.80 and would finish second in the 1-meter with a score of 270.75.

The men’s team will have some time off and won’t compete again until Nov. 21 when it hosts SUNY Geneseo and Hartwick College at 4:30 p.m. The women’s team will return to action 7 p.m. Nov. 10 when it visits William Smith to take on the Herons.

$1275
$2000