$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Tennis teams suffer tough loss to College of New Jersey

The men’s and women’s tennis teams were both looking to return to their winning ways against The College of New Jersey on April 10, after both teams lost their previous matches 0–9. However, the men’s team lost 8–1 and the women’s team lost 9–0 to the CNJ.

The South Hill squad fought hard in doubles, but the Lions swept the Bombers in all six matches.

Junior Wes Davis and sophomore Lorenzo Viguie-Ramos had the closest double match of the day with a score of 8–6 against TCNJ juniors Mike Stanley and Jack August.

Senior Marni Blumenthal and junior Maddie Overholt also had a close match, but fell to Lions senior Jasmine Muniz-Cadorette and freshman Sneha Rangu.

Viguie-Ramos had the only win of the day in the singles for the Blue and Gold against Lions sophomore Chris D’Agostino. The first set ended with a score of 7–6, causing a tie-breaker set to be played, which had a score of 7–4. Viguie-Ramos pulled off the win in the final set with a score of 6–4.

With the win, Viguie-Ramos is tied for most singles wins with senior Chris Hayes with a record of 7–2.

The second closest match of the day came from Davis, who had scores of 6–3 and 7–6. Due to the one-point difference in the second match, a third set had to be played, which had a score of 6–4.

The men will play Nazareth College at 4 p.m. April 12 in Rochester, New York, and the women will play SUNY New Paltz at 3:30 p.m. April 15 in New Paltz, New York.

$1495
$2000