$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Volleyball sweeps Nazareth to advance to Empire 8 finals

PHOTO ILLUSTRATION BY MARISSA PROULX

The Ithaca College volleyball team swept the Nazareth College Golden Flyers 3–0 in its Empire 8 semifinal match Nov. 5.

The South Hill Squad won the competitive first set 25–20. They started off the match 4–1 and maintained the lead throughout. In the second set, the Blue and Gold’s defense shined as they won 25–6. Finally, in Nazareth’s last chance to catch up, the Bombers won the match by taking the third set 25–14.

For the Bombers, junior outside hitter Joelle Goldstein led the team with 10.5 points and seven kills. Junior setter Kayla Gromen led the team with 16 assists while freshman setter Caitlyn Floyd contributed 13 assists. Sophomore defensive specialist Tara Stilwell led the team with 13 digs.

The Golden Flyers senior outside hitter Cady Messmer led the team with 10 points and 10 kills. Senior setter Maureen Thayer led the team with 19 assists and eight digs.

With the victory, the Bombers will advance to the Empire 8 Final. They will be playing against Stevens Institute of Technology at noon Nov. 6 in Hoboken, New Jersey.

$1375
$2000