$1260
$2000

Women’s soccer ends losing streak with 6–0 win over Alfred

The women’s soccer team got back on track Sept. 23 with a 6–0 win against the Alfred University Saxons. The victory puts the Bombers at 4–3 overall and 1–0 in the Empire 8 conference. With the win, head coach Mindy Quigg also earned her 300th victory, becoming the 15th coach in Division III women’s soccer history to do so.

The Bombers’ offense got things going and put six shots into the back of the net, and the defense stayed strong to shut out the Saxons.

The Blue and Gold took six shots on goal in the first half, giving them their first two points of the night.

The first goal came early from senior Kelsey King in the third minute. The ball rolled right between Alfred goalkeeper Sammy Jo Shanahan’s legs and into the goal. The assist came off the foot of junior Lindsey Parkins.

The second goal came as the half was winding down in the 43th minute from junior Jocelyn Ravesi off the assist from junior Jess Demczar.

In the second half, the Bombers didn’t let up, taking 16 shots in the second half, six of which came on goal.

Junior Holly Niemiec got the ball rolling in the 51st minute when she scored the third goal of the day off an assist from King.

Niemiec then returned the favor and gave the ball to King for the fourth goal of the day in the 54th minute.

In the 84th minute, freshman Savannah Brija put in the South Hill squad’s fifth goal off an assist from fellow freshman Shoshana Bedrosian.

And the final goal of the night was a goal in the 85th minute by freshman Sam Robinson off an assist from sophomore Mackenzie Hinchliffe.

The Blue and Gold ended up taking 24 shots on the day compared to Alfred’s two, none of which came on goal. Shanahan had 10 saves on the day for Alfred.

$1260
$2000