$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Women’s tennis team splits a pair of matches

The Ithaca College women’s tennis team went up against the Rochester Institute of Technology Tigers and the Hobart and William Smith Herons on March 6 in Geneva, New York, bringing home both a win and a loss. The Bombers defeated the Tigers 9–0 but lost to the Herons 6–3.

Against the Tigers, junior Haley Kusak beat RIT’s Amelia Ying 6–0, 6–2 at third singles, while freshman Caroline Dunn took down RIT’s Gianna Heaviland 6–1,6–2 and freshman Shayna Ginster defeated RIT’s Brianna Dimisko 6–2, 6–1.

Senior Marni Blumenthal earned an 8–1 win in the fourth singles while freshman Kathryn Shaffer won 6–1, 6–2 in the fifth singles.

In the doubles, Kusak and Blumenthal were a dynamic duo, winning 8–4 in the first flight while Ginster and Shaffer won 8–4 at second doubles. The Bombers’ junior Maddie Overholt and junior Sydney Greenspan won 8–6 during third doubles.

Against the Herons, the Bombers won points in the third, fourth and fifth singles matches, but no doubles matches.

Ginster and Shaffer took home three and two set wins, respectively, while Blumenthal won a straight set. Ginster also won the first set 6–1 while Blumenthal won 6–2. Shaffer won her first set 7–5 and made a comeback after her loss in the second with a 10–6 in the third set to take the win.

Cask dropped her matches 6–1, 6–1 at first singles, while freshman Caroline Dunn fell 6–2, 6–1 at second singles. Junior Jodi Grosberg lost 6–2, 7–6 at sixth singles. Grosberg also won two sets with scores of 6–1 and 10–5 in a singles sweep.

Kusak and Ginster both dropped a 8–2 decision at the first doubles while Dunn and Shaffer lost during the second doubles.

The Bombers will be up next against the University of Rochester on April 2 on the Wheeler tennis courts.

$1495
$2000