$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Wrestling squad earns team title at Spartan Invitational

The Ithaca College wrestling team took home the team title at the Spartan Invitational Saturday at York College of Pennsylvania, in York, Pennsylvania.

The invitational was loaded with talented wrestlers, featuring nine teams ranked in the National Wrestling Coaches Association Division III poll.

A score of 206.5 from the Bombers were good enough for a first place finish in a field of 16 teams. Roger Williams University was the runner up with 192.5 points. Rounding out the top five were Johnson & Wales University with 146 points, Williams College with 117.5 points and The College of New Jersey with 107.5 points.

The Bombers, who came into this contest, ranked 13th in the latest national poll, were led by strong performances from a pair of sophomores, Bryan Israel and Nick Velez, who each captured individual titles in their respective weight classes.

Junior Captain Jimmy Kaishian at 125 lb and senior Dan Pak at 149 lb each placed third in their respective weight classes.

The Blue and Gold will look to win their third straight dual when the Bombers visit Rochester Institute of Technology for their next match Dec. 9 in Rochester, New York. The Tigers comes into the match with an overall record of 1–0.

$1375
$2000