$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

ITHACA TODAY: Tuesday Sept. 17

Top news of the day
The stories you should check out

1. The Tompkins County Workers Center will hold a rally outside the Tompkins County Legislature meeting to demand a living wage for all county employees. The rally begins at 4:45 p.m. at 121 E. Court St. where community members will be able to address the Legislature during public comment. Read our recent story about TCWC and the living wage, and check back for the full story on today’s protest online.

2. Food Justice activist Ajamu Brown ’99 spoke to students about his community organizing for social and environmental justice in central Brooklyn. Brown graduated from the college with a B.A. in speech communications and received a master’s degree in urban and environmental policy from Tufts University. Check Latest Headlines for the full story of Brown’s presentation, “Organizing on the Front Lines for Social/Environmental Justice and Food Sovereignty in Central Brooklyn.”

3. The Student Government Association and Class Council candidates presented their platforms last night in IC Square. Candidates explained their plans and discussed the biggest issues they have seen thus far on campus. They also answered questions from audience members and current members of the SGA. Check Latest Headlines later today for the full story.

What’s happening today
The events you won’t want to miss

1. There will be a ICNYC information session at 12:10 p.m. in Friends 207 in the school of Humanities and Sciences, and Health Science and Human Performance. The session is open to all students who are interested in the program for the spring 2014 and fall 2014 semesters.

2. The Center for the Study of Culture, Race and Ethnicity will host its first discussion of the semester at 7 p.m. in Emerson Suites. Paula M. L. Moya, associate professor at Stanford University will lead the talk, “Eight Conversations about Race and Ethnicity.”

3. There will be a book talk and signing with Qi Wang, director of the Cornell Social Cognition Development Laboratory, at 4 p.m. in the Cornell Library. Her book, “The Autobiography Self in Time and Culture,” focuses on the social, cultural and historical development of human memories.

Talk Back
Tell us what you think

If you haven’t chimed in already, give us your opinion on our new installment of Ithaca Today, your daily guide to local and news events. Tweet at Ithacan Online using #IthacaToday, or message us on Facebook.

$1520
$2000