$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Cross-country runners qualify for NCAA Championship race

PHOTO ILLUSRTATION BY AVERI PARECE

The men’s and women’s cross-country teams ran at the NCAA Atlantic Region Championship Nov. 12 in Glassboro, New Jersey. The women’s team placed fourth out of 43 teams, scoring 121 points. The men’s team scored 258 points and placed ninth out of 44 teams.

Junior Taryn Cordani finished the women’s 6K in 20:24.8, a time that put her in second place. The winner, senior Amy Regan of Stevens Institute of Technology, pulled away from Cordani in the last 2K of the race, finishing ahead the junior by 20 seconds.

The Bomber’s next runner in was junior Denise Ibarra, who placed 11th with a time of 21:16.7.  Junior Sierra Grazia crossed the finished 30 seconds later in 25th place. Sophomore Emilie Mertz was the 37th runner to finish, running a time of 22:07.3.

Freshman Annika Morrison finished the 3.73 mile race in 22:22.6 in 46th place. Senior Emily Drain and graduate student Michaela Cioffredi finished seconds apart. Drain finished in 73rd place and Cioffredi in 75th.

On the men’s side, senior Sean Phillips finished the 8K first for the Bombers and 12th overall in 24:49.7. Junior Tim Chappell and senior Jesse Capellaro finished three seconds apart, the former placing 32nd and the latter, 34th.

Senior Chris Gutierrez ran a time of 25:58.7, putting him in 67th place. Freshman Forest Stewart finished in 114th place overall, and was the 13th freshman to finish the region championship. The next Bomber to finish was freshman Jeff Montgomery, who ran a 26:36.7. The Bomber’s seventh man, freshman Chris Tinti, ran a time of 26:51.6.

The women’s team earned an at large bid to compete in the NCAA DIII Cross-Country Championship race Nov. 19 in Louisville, Kentucky. The men’s team did not qualify or earn a bid, however, Phillips did qualify individually and will be competing Nov. 19 as well.

$1495
$2000