$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

Presidential search committee announces executive search firm

Ash Bailot/The Ithacan
The Ithaca College Presidential Search Committee has announced that it has picked an executive search firm to use in the search for the 10th president of the college.

The Ithaca College Presidential Search Committee has announced that it has picked an executive search firm to use in the search for the 10th president of the college and will be holding a number of open forums to gain the campus community’s views about what to look for in the next leader of the college.

In an Oct. 6 email to the campus community, David Fleisher 91, chair of the Presidential Search Committee, said the committee has completed appointing its members. Fleisher said the search committee has engaged with Isaacson, Miller, a national executive search firm that has helped other American colleges find deans, vice presidents and presidents, and has scheduled open forum events for the campus community and the search firm to discuss the search. 

The forum events will be held from 12:10–1:05 p.m., 2–3:00 p.m. and 5– 6:00p.m. Oct. 12 on Zoom. Two general open forums will be held 5–5:45 p.m. Oct. 19 on Zoom and 12:15–1:00 p.m. Oct. 20 in person at Emerson Suites in the Campus Center. 

However, while the email announced a series of open forums, it did not state if the search will be open or closed. When the college recruited its ninth president, Shirley M. Collado, the search was open in the beginning, but was later closed. The college’s chapter of the American Association for University Professors (AAUP) released a statement Sept. 20 asking for transparency in the search and that the college not use a search firm.

The final search committee comprises 17 members of the campus community. It includes Fleisher, Michael J. Conover 81, trustee; Jack H. Dembow 77, trustee; Déontae Guy 23, president of the Student Governance Council; Sara Haefeli, faculty; Traci Hughes 85, trustee; Tanya Hutchins 89, president of the Alumni Association Board of Directors; Clint McCartney, chair, Staff Council; Chris McNamara 81, chair, Faculty Council; Kathy Newlands 89, trustee; Mary George Opperman, trustee; Judith Pena-Shaff, faculty; Linda Petrosino 77, M.S. 78, dean; Jeffrey J. Selingo 95, trustee; Jan Singer 86, trustee; David H. Lissy 87, trustee, board chair (ex officio); and James W. Nolan Jr. 77, parent 01, trustee, board Vice Chair (ex officio).

Since the committee’s Sept. 17 email that announced the beginning of the presidential search, the committee has grown with two new names: Haefeli and Pena-Shaff. 

“As the search process gets underway, the committee and the Isaacson, Miller team will consult widely with Ithaca College faculty, students, staff, alumni and other key stakeholders to learn your views about the future of IC and the type of leader that can best carry IC forward,” the email said. “This inclusive process will begin with listening sessions virtually and on campus starting next week and continuing into the following week.”

$1520
$2000