$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Severe weather conditions move IC to remote learning Feb. 3

Ash Bailot/The Ithacan
The college sent out an alert Feb. 2, notifying the campus community of the changes. The college said they will continue to review the weather forecast and ongoing conditions.

All courses at Ithaca College will be held virtually Feb. 3 because of severe weather conditions, but essential staff will still arrive on campus for a normal work day. 

Late in the evening of Feb. 2, the college sent out an alert from the Ithaca College Emergency Notification System notifying the campus community of the changes. The message relayed information about courses and the degree to which services would be impacted or provided as usual.

Any employee who is able to work remotely from home should do so during normal work hours, according to the alert. Also, if there is a need to use paid time away, employees should speak with their supervisors and contact Human Resources for information about time reporting.

Employees who can work remotely should report to work remotely at their normal times. 

Wrap-around COVID-19 care as well as COVID-19 testing will be available without any impact from weather. The Fitness Center will also be fully open during usual hours. 

The essential services provided by the college will be in operation with the possibility of limited functionality. These services include the dining halls, the Hammond Health Center, facilities, residential life, the Campus Center, the Ithaca College Library, the Information Technology Service Desk, the Mail Center and the Office of Public Safety and Emergency Management.

For students with meal plans, the Ithaca Bakery, Campus Center Dining Hall and Terrace Dining Hall will all have normal operating schedules. The Campus Center Food Court will close at 3 p.m. rather than the normal time of 5 p.m. The Park and Library retail locations, the Towers Marketplace and the Campus Center Grab-and-Go will be fully closed for the entire day. 

The Feb. 3 grand opening event for Circles Market in the Circles Community Center is also canceled because of weather conditions. The event was to celebrate Circles Market’s 24/7 status. The opening is rescheduled to Feb. 7 from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.

In the emergency notification message, the college said they will continue to review the weather forecast and ongoing conditions. The message said when more information is available about the weather conditions for Feb. 4, the campus community will be updated about that day’s operational status in terms of courses and other services. 

$1495
$2000