$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

Review: Singles of the week 4/28

Plan B 

Megan Thee Stallion

Record label: 300 Entertainment

Megan Thee Stallion proves her talent as a rapper in her new track, “Plan B.” Sampling the 1995 Jodeci track, “Freek ’N You,” “Plan B” is the perfect balance of nostalgic sound and personal lyrics.

M.I.A. 

Ravyn Lenae

Record label: Atlantic Records

Alternative R&B singer Ravyn Lenae is back with her latest single “M.I.A.” Lenae’s unique, breathy vocals over ethereal instrumentals and a pulsing, danceable beat make the track a standout in her discography.

Please Do Not Lean (feat. BADBADNOTGOOD)

Daniel Caesar, BADBADNOTGOOD

Record label: Republic Records

Daniel Caesar teams up with instrumental band and production team, BADBADNOTGOOD for “Please Do Not Lean.” The track is emotional and poetic, but this repetition does                                                                       not detract from the song’s quality. 

Skin and Bones 

070 Shake 

Record label: Getting Out Our Dreams Inc. (G.O.O.D.) Music / IDJ

070 Shake puts listeners in a trance with her new track, “Skin and Bones.” Hypnotic synths drone underneath 070 Shake’s pulsing vocals for the majority of the track before switching                                                                 the pace within the last minute, where it picks up a brighter tone in the synths and intensity in the vocals.

$1520
$2000