$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

College Briefs March 30

Jadyn Davis
Senior Christian Castro was gifted a bottle of cider by Ithacapella singers at the Ithacapella Block 4 Concert on March 25 in Emerson Suites. Senior Massimo Giacona was also celebrated as one of the two members graduating this spring.

DEAR@IC to share class tools for accessibility on PowerPoint

Disability Education, Advocacy, and Resources at Ithaca College –– a student-run club that works with students with disabilities and allies –– will host a student-led workshop about making presentations. The workshop will take place from 9 to 9:45 a.m. April 7 in the Center for Faculty Excellence. It will especially focus on making PowerPoint presentations more accessible for students to view and interact with. PowerPoint has built-in accessibility features that few people utilize. DEAR@IC asks participants to bring a laptop with a PowerPoint presentation already on it. Refreshments will be provided at the event. Participants should register through a link on Ithaca College Intercom. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations should contact [email protected] or through the phone at 607-274-3734.

College announces changes to leadership in the School of HSHP

Following the announcement of Linda Petrosino, outgoing dean of the School of Health Sciences and Human Performance, retiring at the end of the academic year, Christina Moylan, associate provost of graduate and professional studies, will take her place as interim dean of the school for the 2023–24 academic year. Because this leaves a vacancy for the associate provost position, Christine McNamara, associate professor in the Department of Physical Therapy and director of the Occupational Therapy and PT clinic on campus, will serve as associate provost of graduate and professional studies, starting July 1, 2023. As associate provost, McNamara will be responsible for the Offi ce of Extended Studies, the Center for Civic Engagement, the Offi ce of International Programs, International Student and Scholar Support Services and the Honors Program.

Students of Color Coalition to host end of semester meeting

The Students of Color Coalition is organizing a meeting from 5 to 6 p.m. March 30 in the ALS room in West Tower. The meeting is meant for students to interact with each other and for student clubs and organizations to publicize and talk about their future events. The Center for Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Social Change will be acting as a resource for students who need help or assistance. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations must get in touch with Kerdelma James, program director at the Center for IDEAS, as soon as they can at [email protected] or 607-274-5789.

MTD students to host annual benefit for assault survivors

Students in the School of Music, Theatre, and Dance will be organizing the annual Wheels for Women Cabaret at 7 p.m. April 8 in the Clark Theatre. Donations collected from the cabaret will go toward survivors of domestic and sexual abuse in Kerala, India. There will be singing, dancing and poetry, all performed by students in the school. There will be a raffl e for theater tickets and an auction for homemade pies. The event will be livestreamed online as well. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations should contact Michael Samuel Kaplan at [email protected] or through the phone at 607-274-7098.

Provost to host faculty talks on shared governance documents

A conversation on shared governance at Ithaca College will be hosted by Melanie Stein, provost and senior vice president of academic affairs; Chrystyna Dail, associate professor in the Department of Theatre Studies; Dave Gondek, associate professor in the Department of Biology; Lauren Steele, associate professor in the Department of Media Arts, Sciences and Studies; Emily Rockett, general counsel; and Claire Gleitman, dean of the School of Humanities and Sciences. Faculty are invited to discuss two draft documents that describe the college’s shared governance model. The draft documents are a vision statement for shared governance, which highlights the specifi c role of shared governance at the college, and a table of who is part of decision making based on the situation. There are three sessions and faculty are asked to RSVP ahead of time, but there is no capacity limitation. The fi rst session is from 10 to 11 a.m. April 7 in Clark Lounge. The second session is 3 to 4 p.m. April 11 in the Taughannock Falls Room. The third session is from 12:10 to 1:05 p.m. April 13 in Clark Lounge.

Cornell Companions volunteers return to the college for support

Volunteers from Cornell Companions are bringing llamas back to the college from noon to 1 p.m. March 30 in front of Campus Center. The llama Late-For-Breakfast and dogs Sybil and Max will be outside where students can pet them and give them treats. The Ithaca College Library and the Center for LGBT Education, Outreach & Services are sponsoring the event as part of the Animal-Assisted Activities program. The program is sponsored by the Ithaca College Library to use visiting animals as a way to relieve stress, lower blood pressure and improve the moods of students and the campus community.

President Cornish to organize listening session for students

President La Jerne Cornish and the members of the president’s cabinet are inviting students to a listening session about students’ experiences on campus, both in and outside of the classroom. The session will be from 7 to 8:30 p.m. March 30 in Emerson Suite B. Cornish said she will be focusing on hearing directly from students and the topics will be guided by what students want to talk about. Otherwise, there is not a set agenda. Cornish said this is the first session of a three-part series of sessions this semester that are focused on hearing from students about their experiences at the college. The next two sessions will be in April and then in May, but the exact dates have not been announced yet. For accommodations, contact [email protected] or via phone at 607-274-3111. College announces recipients of Peggy Ryan Williams Award The Office of Student Engagement announced 76 juniors and seniors who received the Peggy Ryan Williams Award for Academic and Community Leadership for the 2022–23 academic year. This includes December 2022 graduates as well. Out of the 76 students selected, 27 were in the Roy H. Park School of Communications, seven were in the School of Business, 19 were in the School of Health Science and Human Performance, 15 were in the School of Humanities and Sciences and eight were in the School of Music, Theatre, and Dance. The recipients will be honored at the Co-Curricular Symposium from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. April 20 in Clark Lounge and Klingenstein Lounge. All members of the campus community can attend the event.

$1520
$2000