$1620
$2000

$1620
$2000

College announces new vice president of enrollment management

Rakin+Hall%2C+currently+the+vice+president+of+enrollment+management+at+Arcadia+University%2C+will+begin+as+Ithaca+Colleges+vice+president+of+enrollment+management+Feb.+1.++
Courtesy IC Intercom
Rakin Hall, currently the vice president of enrollment management at Arcadia University, will begin as Ithaca College’s vice president of enrollment management Feb. 1.

In a Jan. 2 email to the Ithaca College community, President La Jerne Cornish announced that Rakin “Rock” Hall will be the new vice president of enrollment management. Hall will begin the position Feb. 1. 

As vice president of enrollment management, Hall will lead the undergraduate and graduate admission teams, Student Financial Services, Constituent Engagement Strategy, the Center for Career Exploration and Development and the Center for Student Success and Retention.

Cornish wrote in the email that Hall’s long-time experience in the field will benefit the college.

“We are excited that Rock will bring his 25 years of expertise and influence in the national enrollment sphere to his work at Ithaca College,” Cornish wrote. “He understands the landscape from coast to coast, and we can leverage his knowledge to attract prospective students from across the country to South Hill.” 

Hall received a bachelor’s degree in journalism and communications from Humboldt State and a master’s degree in higher education administration from the University of Southern California. He worked with the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers, Association of Chief Admission Officers of Public Universities and National Association of College Admission Counselors, according to an IC News post. 

Hall is currently the vice president of enrollment management at Arcadia University and has worked with the University of Utah, University of Southern California, William Paterson State University and Humboldt State University, according to the email. 

Hall will be taking the place of Shana Gore, who served as interim vice president of enrollment management during the college’s nationwide search for the position. Laurie Koehler, the previous vice president of enrollment management and strategy, left the college at the end of the 2022–2023 fiscal year.