$1620
$2000

$1620
$2000

College briefs Feb. 7

First-year+Bianca+Cunningham+paints+a+pill+bottle+at+an+Active+Minds+event.+Students+painted+unlabeled+pill+bottles+and+discussed+medication+at+the+Jan.+30+event.+
Aminatta Imrana Jallow
First-year Bianca Cunningham paints a pill bottle at an Active Minds event. Students painted unlabeled pill bottles and discussed medication at the Jan. 30 event.

Nominations for staff trustee close Feb. 23

Casey Kendall, the current staff trustee, will conclude her turn on June 30. The staff council is asked to recommend three staff members at Ithaca College for consideration to serve as Staff Trustee for a 4-year term that begins July 1. The Staff Council will send three names to the Governance & Compensation/Assessment Committee of the Board of Trustees by March 1. Staff members can nominate themselves for Staff Trustee by Feb. 23 at 5 p.m. using the Staff Trustee Nominations Form. Additional information about this process can be found here. Staff members can contact [email protected] for questions. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations should contact Marilyn Dispensa, Chair Staff Council at [email protected] or 607-274-3647. Accommodations should be made as soon as possible. 

Student Organization tabling opportunity Feb. 19

The Office of Admission is looking for student organizations to table during the Student Experience Fair on Feb. 19. Student organizations will be able to showcase and recruit new members. The organization fair will take place in  the Athletics and Events Center (A&E) from 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. Student organizations should plan to have at least one representative available to attend and interact with prospective and admitted students during the fair. RSVP is required to attend. Student organizations should email [email protected] to reserve a spot by Wednesday, Feb. 7. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations should contact the admission events planning committee at [email protected] or 607-274-3124. Requests for accommodations should be made as soon as possible. 

Ash Wednesday observances at Muller Chapel 

On Feb. 14 Muller Chapel will be observing Ash Wednesday. The Catholic community mass will be held at 12:15 p.m and all are welcome to participate. The ash distribution will be led by Pastor Debbie Reynolds of First Baptist Church starting at 2 p.m. Muller Chapel will be used throughout Lent as a space for introspection and spiritual connection. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations should contact Austin Reid at [email protected] or (607) 274-3011. Requests for accommodations should be made as soon as possible.

Muller Chapel open house Feb. 13 

The Office of Religious and Spiritual Life is hosting a spring semester open house for students, faculty and staff to attend from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Feb. 13 at the Muller Chapel. The event is intended to encourage new connections across campus and to better acquaint attendees with Muller Chapel’s programs. Attendees will be able to connect with campus chaplains and local clergy in the Ithaca community. Attendees can also share ideas for Muller Chapel programming for the spring semester. Drinks and appetizers will be served. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations should contact Austin Reid at [email protected] or (607) 274-3011 and requests for accommodations be made as soon as possible.

Nominate a graduating senior for the 2024 Campus Life Awards 

The 2024 Campus Life Awards committee is asking for nominations from faculty, staff and students to recognize graduating seniors who should be considered for the award. The Campus Life Awards are given each year to a select group of 10 graduating seniors to recognize achievement and contributions to the Ithaca College community through involvement in campus life. In order to be nominated for the award, students should have been involved in a number of areas of campus life and demonstrated significant leadership abilities and accomplishments. Nominations can be turned in using the nomination form. Nominees must graduate in December 2023, May 2024 or August 2024. The deadline for nominations is 5 p.m. on Feb. 12. Nominated students will receive the invitation to apply when the application opens on Feb. 19. Any questions about the Campus Life Award nominations should be directed to [email protected].

BIPOC Unity Center looking for student representatives to serve on search committee

The BIPOC Unity Center is looking for students interested in serving on a search committee to assist in selecting a new director of the BIPOC Unity Center. Students will have the opportunity to contribute insights, ideas and perspectives in the selection process. The search committee will evaluate applications, conduct interviews with candidates and meet to discuss feedback. Committee members will need to dedicate several hours per week to the process and the overall process will take several months. Students can apply using the interest form that is due Feb. 7. Students unable to commit this amount of time can still contribute to the process by attending on campus sessions with the finalists for the position.

Tau Sigma spring semester social on Feb. 8 

The Ithaca College National Transfer Honor Society Tau Sigma will be hosting a Spring semester social from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Feb. 8 in the Klingenstein Lounge in the Campus Center. The social serves as a chance to connect with new and returning transfer students both in and outside Tau Sigma. The social will include movies, pizza, refreshments, pajamas, and a cookie decorating contest with prizes. Students can RSVP on IC Engage

The Writing Center invites visits from faculty and staff for info sessions

The Writing Center at Ithaca College is hosting an info session for faculty and staff at the college to receive feedback and learn about how the Writing Center works to assist students. The info sessions are Led by Writing Center Director Priya Sirohi to prepare faculty to send students to the Writing Center and to offer advice on what faculty can do to ensure appointments are effective. The Writing Center will also share updated policies on the use of Generative AI. There will be four info sessions. The first two will be on Feb. 8 from 11:10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and from 12:10 p.m. to 1 p.m. The last two will be on Feb. 9 from 10 a.m. to 10:50 a.m. and from 12 p.m. to 12:50 p.m. The Writing Center is located at Smiddy Hall in room 107 and the event is reserved for faculty and staff only. Any further questions can be directed to [email protected]