$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Gymnastics takes fourth place at NCGA Regional Championships

Malik Clement
From front, sophomore beam/floor Corey Foster, junior beam/floor Caitlin Pellegrino and their bomber teammates lineup in anticipation of the beginning of the 2024 NCGA Regional Championships on March 9.

The Ithaca College gymnastics team finished fourth at the 2024 NCGA East Region Championships in Ben Light Gymnasium on March 9. SUNY Brockport took home the meet’s crown, while SUNY Cortland and Rhode Island College took second and third.

The Bombers took home a score of 190.950 thanks to quality performances from top scorers sophomore beam/floor/vault Grace Murray, first-year bars/vault Lauren Babineaux, junior all-around Kaylie Goodwin, and junior beam/floor Abby Chesshire.

The Bombers strongest category was the floor where each gymnast scored over a 9.650, including two performances over 9.800 from Murray (9.825) and junior all-around Jillian Freyman (9.800).

The South Hill squad will await it’s fate as it waits for the NCGA to announce individual qualifiers and the two at large bids for the NCGA National Championships that will be announced on March 11.

Junior all-around Kaylie Goodwin takes flight as she turns over the bar. Goodwin scored a 9.625 on the bars in the team’s second rotation. (Malik Clement)
Junior all-around Kaylie Goodwin lands her 9.625 bars routine as her Bombers’ teammates celebrate behind her. (Malik Clement)
Junior all-around Jillian Freyman twists in mid-air during her 9.500 floor routine in the Bombers’ sixth rotation. (Malik Clement)
Sophomore beam/vault/floor Grace Murray kicks in the air as she executes her team leading 9.825 floor routine. (Malik Clement)
Junior beam/floor Abby Chesshire flips upside down during her team leading 9.750 beam routine. Chesshire also scored a 9.700 on the floor. (Malik Clement)
Sophomore beam/vault/floor Grace Murray poses during her team leading floor routine. (Malik Clement)
Sophomore beam/vault/floor Grace Murray leaps off the mat and rotates right as she goes through her floor routine. (Malik Clement)